Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
Great for meal prep and your taste buds.
Scale based on the amount of chicken you’re cooking.
1 lb of boneless chicken breast is enough for ~4 servings.
- 1 lb of boneless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups of uncooked jasmine rice
- 2.5 cups of water
- 12 oz of frozen stir fry vegetables
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of toasted sesame oil
- 2 sliced green onions
- Cut the chicken breast into small pieces, ~1/2 an inch cubed.
- Add oil, garlic, and ginger to a large skillet. Cook on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until it isn’t pink on the outside. Don’t fully cook the chicken!
- Add uncooked rice to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water to the skillet and stir the whole thing. Make sure there’s no rice stuck to the bottom.
- Place a lid on the skillet, turn the heat up to high, cover with a lid, and wait till it boils.
- Once the water is boiling, turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, prepare teriyaki sauce by stirring together the soy sauce, brown sugar, and sesame oil.
- After it’s simmered for 10 minutes, sprinkle the frozen vegetables on top, then place the lid back on.
- After 5 minutes of simmering, drizzle the teriyaki sauce, and stir everything together.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes without heat, then sprinkle green onions on and serve.